Create your own gold necklaces with a couple simple jewelry pieces. The key is to decide where you want your pendant or charm to sit on your neck. For shorter necklaces, I would recommend a total necklace length of 16-18 inches. For longer necklaces, I would recommend 24-32 inches.
What you will need:
- Spring ring clasp
- Jump rings 6mm (3)
- Flat-nose jewelry plier
- Wire cutter
1. Measure the chain and cut the length desired.
2. Connect a jump ring to one side of the cut chain.
3. Connect a spring ring clasp to the other side of the cut chain.
4. Fold the chain in half and use a wire cutter to cut the chain in half.
5. Use a jump ring to connect the chain to one end of the connector. Make sure you test out what side of the connector you want to face outward and which side the spring ring clasp is placed. I prefer placing the spring ring clasp on the right side so that I can use my right hand to open it when putting on my necklace.
6. Use the last jump ring to connect the other side of the connector to the chain.
7. Now your necklace is ready to wear!